Wednesday 10 December 2014

The Christmas Tag


So I saw this first on MilkBubbleTea a while ago and have seen it on various other blogs since, so I decided why not kick off the festive posts with The Christmas Tag!


1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?I'm the kind of person that watches way way way too many Christmas films every year and to think that I watch so many you’d think I’d find it hard to pick a favourite but it has to be The Polar Express, no doubt about it. I absolutely adore this film and I end up watching it at least 4 times during December, it gets me feeling so festive!
2.Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?Always Christmas morning! It doesn't seem right to open them Christmas Eve or any other day for that matter. Whenever I hand out presents to my friends on the last days of school I absolutely insist that they keep them under their trees until Christmas Day.

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?There’s not any particular memory that sticks out to me however I do remember the first year mum let me decorate the smaller tree in the dining room by myself and I got overly excited and persuaded her to get a real tree instead of the usual artificial one we have. I think I ended up showing every single guest we had over during December the tree and I made sure everyone knew I’d decorated it by myself.

4. Favourite festive food?I adore just the whole Christmas dinner! Even though half of it is exactly the same as what mum cooks every single week for Sunday dinners, there’s just something so much better about a Christmas dinner. Pigs in blankets are also a big win win!

5.Favourite Christmas gift?I'm grateful for every gift I get therefore they’re all my favourites however I do remember one year when me and my brother got a Tamagochi each (remember those?) and we were the two happiest kids in the entire world. My most recent favourite presents have to be the camera my parents got me last year. It encouraged me so much more to start blogging and it meant I didn't have to use my own savings for a Camera for Photography at school, I'm in love with it, I take it everywhere I go.

6.  Favourite Christmas scent?This sounds incredibly odd, but I love the smell of all our Christmas decorations and the boxes they’re stored in. It smells like pine and Christmassy candles and it’s just such a nostalgic smell. Mum also recently bought an amazing smelling Yankee Candle and I'm in love with it at the moment.

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?Every year Grandma and Grandad have taken me and my brother out for lunch and a walk, however now my brother has started working and is therefore busy on Christmas Eve, its just me but nevertheless its still a tradition (just minus my brother). We also take a trip ice skating at night on Christmas Eve with family friends and we sit and have a huge mug of hot chocolate (with all the added extras of course) afterwards, I’ll be sad if/when these traditions end.

8.As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?I can’t really remember anything I used to always ask for but I always used to go through the Argos catalogue and circle nearly everything in there

9. What's the best part about Christmas for you?Definitely going in to mum and dads room on a morning to open our stocking presents. Even though my brother is now 18 and we can barely all sit on one double bed together.

If any of you decide to do this tag as well, link me in the comments, I would love to read them!Amyxx

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute that you all still go to your parents room on Christmas morning :) My family never had stockings but I hope to have them whenever I have my own kids!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to keep up that tradition for a long time! yes thats a great idea, my family love having stockings on christmas, homemade always adds a nice touch if you're the crafty kind! Amy x

      Delete
  2. i loved reading through this tag! believe it or not i've not seen the polar express yet!! i really need to go & watch it. I love the smell of pine at christmas :)

    xx angela | the sunday chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You definitely need to give it a watch, so festive! Hope you had a good christmas and happy new year
      Amy xoxo

      Delete